Wiseman Lee LLP is committed to a high standard of ethical and social responsibility in all areas of the practice.
- Community Participation. The firm plays an active part in a number of local community organisations. These include several local charities. Individual Partners are also members of the local Rotary Clubs, Chambers of Commerce and sit on the Boards of Governors for local schools.
- Charitable Donations. The firm sets aside an annual budget sum for charitable donations and welcomes suggestions from staff for worthy causes.
- Sponsorship. The firm sponsors a number of local organisations, including a local junior football team.
- Pro Bono Advice. The firm participates in and supports a number of free advice services. The firm initiated a unique advice service based at West Ham football ground. A number of individuals in the firm assist with free advice sessions for the local Citizens Advice Bureaux. The firm has a rota of solicitors who give free diagnostic advice interviews at each of the offices.
- Fairtrade Products. Wherever possible the firm has a policy of purchasing ethically sound goods and services such as ‘Fairtrade’ tea, coffee and sugar.
- Green Consumerism. The firm aims where possible to adopt a more environmentally friendly approach to the products which are consumed. This includes the recycling of paper and ink cartridges, the use of low energy light bulbs, the use of environmentally friendly cleaning products and the use of recycled paper.
- Education and Development. The firm is committed to fostering the skills and development of everyone in the organisation. This includes encouraging attendance on courses, both in-house and external, supporting the acquisition of further qualifications, a comprehensive system of file review and appraisals and feedback through staff committees at each office. The firm also regularly provides opportunities to students to shadow solicitors in the office and in the courts.
- Commitment to Equality and Diversity. The firm is committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination and to promoting equality and diversity within our policies, practices and procedures. We are also committed to promoting equality and diversity within the firm. This applies to our professional dealings with clients, staff and partners, other solicitors, barristers, and third parties. We shall treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of:(a) age;(b) disability;(c) gender reassignment;
(e) religion or belief;
(g) sexual orientation;
(h) marriage or civil partnership status;.
(i) pregnancy and maternity or
(j) caring responsibility.